Everyone on the course enjoyed the training and commented on how well it was delivered to us, given we all had different levels of exposure to Food Safety and HACCP. This Food Safety training was really key to help people think about hazards/risks that need to be controlled, which proved its importance when undertaking the Level 3 HACCP course. Rosie is a great trainer and very patient. She was very good at keeping us on track and focused.
November 2015 delegate
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food and drink business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
This three day course provides a thorough understanding of food safety procedures emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls.
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
Who should attend: Managers and supervisors in small, medium or large manufacturing businesses, especially those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems. A pre-requisite to attending this course is an understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene. Ideally a Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Candidates will sit the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing.
Tuition is delivered by Dialog, leading training specialists and consultants to the food industry and leading trainers in hygiene in soft drinks manufacture in the UK.
This course can also be delivered in-house.
For details of the next course and further information please contact Fiona Palmer